03.19.2015 | Comments (0) | Unity
While working on a project recently I found out that the blur effect (Blur.js from Unity Pro’s Image Effects) I attached to a camera stopped working on mobile and showed only black screen while the effect was running. This could have happened after upgrading from iOS 8.1 to 8.2 (or after upgrading Unity to a minor release). I’m not really sure what caused it but I haven’t made any changes to the code related to the effect.
Here’s what I did to fix it: in Player Settings (for iOS) in Unity, under Other Settings, Graphics API was set to Automatic, which worked before. However, I changed this to Open GL ES 3.0 and the blur showed up fine again on iPhone.